Ride fast and ride in complete comfort on the Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2 8070 Disc Road Bike, completely redesigned to provide top aerodynamics and a stiff and power efficient ride, with no compromise on comfort. The frameset’s material, layup and shape offers a stable and predictable ride with head tube and bottom brackets stiffness being increased by 13% and 25% respectively.
The bike has been built up with Shimano’s reliable and high-performance Ultegra disc brake groupset, for smooth and precise shifting and powerful yet modulated braking in both wet and dry conditions. The DT Swiss ARC 1450 DiCut 48 Disc wheelset is a lightweight carbon all-rounder, just as capable on the climbs as it is on the flats.
- TrueAero combines specific tube shapes, sizes and design features to improve aerodynamic flow
- Extended seat tube cutout to shield the leading edge of the rear wheel for reduced drag
- The material, shape and layup make for stable and predictable handling and efficient power transfer. There’s a 13% increase in headtube (torsional) stiffness, and 25% increased stiffness at the bottom bracket
- BBright system – Utilising larger tubes in the seat tube, down tube and left-hand chainstay, stiffness and pedalling efficiency are increased while keeping weight to a minimum
- Shimano Ultegra groupset
- Modulated and powerful braking from Shimano Ultegra Disc brakes
- Internal cable routing
- DT Swiss ARC 1450 DiCut 48 Disc wheelset
- Clearance for tyres up to 28mm wide
- Fully adjustable bar and stem system: Handlebar stack range of 2.5mm, independent of stem, pitch adjustment in two steps, to 2.5 degrees or 5 degrees / stem stack range of up to 30mm (in 5mm increments)
The S5 boasts substantial aerodynamic improvements over its predecessor. Full internal cable routing, a custom bar and stem, riding position, and special frame shapes work together to reduce drag and improve aerodynamics. The result: you go faster.
MAXIMIZE YOUR POWER
The best sprinters in the world need a bike stiff enough to handle the extreme forces they produce in the frantic sprint to the line. The new S5 Disc is significantly stiffer at the bottom bracket and head tube, without increasing frame weight.
CONFIDENCE AND COMFORT
You’ll feel the difference immediately. Frame stiffness and geometry work together for precise handling and pedaling efficiency. Frame lay-ups and tube shapes, along with tires up to 28mm wide, soak up road vibrations for a smoother ride.