Focus Izalco Max Dura Ace Road Bike 2016
If you are looking for a bike you could jump straight on and win a race, or if you just need a bit more speed to make your friends suffer on group rides, then the Focus Izalco Max Dura Ace Road Bike 2016 could be the bike for you.
Focus have achieved the perfect balance between performance orientated stiffness and weight reduction, by making a phenomenal bike at just 6.5 Kg for the size 56 cm! German engineering at its best. This is mostly possible thanks to the inclusion of the top end Izalco Max P2T 10 Carbon fibre frame weighing just 750 g, with the Izalco Max P2T 10 Carbon T4 fork adding a mere 295 g. The fork is perhaps the most revolutionary, with its full carbon fibre construction coming from one seamless piece. With this you get superb lateral stiffness for performance with the necessary shock absorption to remove the vibrations coming from the road to boost comfort.
A technology that seems likely to have come from their extensive work with the AG2R La Mondiale team, Focus individually design each frame size so that all of them offer the perfect balance of stiffness to weight that their engineers desire.
Nothing but the best would do this frame justice, hence the inclusion of the Shimano Dura Ace 9000 eleven speed groupset. This exceptionally light groupset has been the choice of numerous professionals for several years now, which is understandable considering its performance and weight saving. More carbon fibre was required to lighten and stiffen the crankset though, so Focus have incorporated the FSA SLK Light Carbon. Weight is also saved with the inclusion of a stylish Fizik Cryano stem and handlebars as well as their exceptional Antares R5 Manganese saddle, that is comfortable and pressure relieving.
Finally the DT Swiss R20 Dicut tubelesss wheels are perfectly balanced, they also will give you the snappy response you would want from this bike that is undeniably ready to race. Thankfully, should you just want it to rack of some fast miles of recreational riding, then the carbon seatpost adds another level of comfort to that already provided by the saddle and excellent frame design.
- High performance road bike
- Super lightweight at just 6.5 Kg for the 56 cm
- Quality finishing pieces, such as the Fizik Cyrano stem and handlebar would normally be after market upgrades
- The top of the range Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11-speed gearing is the best mechanical offering available
- FSA SLK Light Carbon crankset gives you more carbon fibre for weight saving and stiffness increasing
- Fizik Antares R5 Manganese saddle matches the frameset colour and supports you perfectly
- DT R20 Dicut tubeless wheels paired with Schwalbe Pro One tubeless tyres are responsive, durable and lightweight with the removal of inner tubes eliminating the chances of pinch flats